Monday, January 16, 2012

Lemon Oreo's

Many of you know that I recently moved. We are staying with family for a bit so ALL of my kitchen stuff is in storage...INCLUDING my COOKBOOKS/RECIPES! Good thing I have several here on my blog! I feel bad I can't keep up with COOKIE MONDAY right now. So I thought I would repost a few till I can get back in my kitchen!
Here's one of my FAVORITES!!!
2 packages lemon cake mix
1 1/2 cup shortening
4 eggs

Mix cake mix, shortening and eggs well.
Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake 350 degrees for 8-10minutes

Orange Frosting

1 cube of butter
8oz of cream cheese
1 pound of powdered sugar
Juice of 2 oranges (you can also use about 1/2 can of frozen orange juice instead) Until it taste orange enough.
If desired, add orange zest just for the look of it
Orange food coloring

I got this recipe from my good friend Kate B. They are so yummy! I couldn't leave them alone so I gave them away to family and friends. Now they are requesting the recipe. Thanks Kate! It's a secret indulgence!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 5 Most Viewed