Monday, September 13, 2010

Grandma Norman Cookies

1 cup sugar
1/3 cup shortening
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. lemon (extract)
2 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
3 cups flour
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. baking powder

Beat sugar, shortening, vanilla, lemon, and eggs.  Add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk and mix well.  Drop by tablespoon size onto lightly sprayed cookies sheet.  Bake at 375 degrees until slightly browned. 
I sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on half the cookies before I bake them and add chocolate chips to the other half.

Notice the name of the cookies.  My Grandma Norman always made these.  We liked to make them and take to Grandpa Rueben.  They are so yummy dipped in milk.  Definately family favorite recipe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Those brought back alot of memories. My favorite was the ones with raisins. Course we had to make a batch of each...I need to make some with dark chocolate chips for your Dad.

dee said...

i miss those forgot all about them this site is really making me hungry those cookies tho the house always smelt so good well done

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 5 Most Viewed