Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ranger Cookies

1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Cream together shortening, sugars, egg and vanilla.  Sift dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture and mix well.  Stir remaining ingredients into dough.  Form into balls and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

I know I asked the question once about everyone's favorite cookie.  I love many flavors of cookies, but I have to say, RANGER COOKIES are my favorite.  I love the coconut/cornflakes/oatmeal combination.  I even sneak in walnuts sometimes.  How many of you remember making these in HOME EC?
I got this recipe out of the Koosharem Relief Society Cookbook. 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 5 Most Viewed