Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sugared Almonds

1 egg white
1 tsp. vanilla
1 lb almonds
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. white sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon

Beat egg and vanilla till fluffy.  Stir in almonds.  In seperate bowl mix brown sugar, white sugar, salt and cinnamon.  Stir the egg covered almonds into the sugar mixture.  Spread almonds on a cookie sheet.  Bake at 225 degrees for 1 hour....stirring every 15 minutes.

These are so addicting and so easy to make.  I got this recipe from my friend, Jess T., a few years back and have been making them for Christmas treats for the neighbors.  I have to make a couple batches because half of them always end up gone before they are delivered to neighbors.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Oh so yummy!!!

Shell said...

I've been wanting some of these for so long! Especially when I walk through the mall right past where they make them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 5 Most Viewed