Friday, August 20, 2010

Fruit Smoothie

1/2 banana (can be frozen)
1/2 -3/4 cup frozen mixed fruit
1/4-1/3 cup plain fat free yogurt
1/4-1/2 cup skim milk

I don't have exact measurements because I just through it all in the blender.
Blend ingredients till smooth. Pour in glass and enjoy. If too thick add more milk or even a little water and blend again.

Just a few tips.
*When you have over ripe banana's, don't throw them away. Peel them, cut in half and put them in a baggy in the freezer and save them for your FRUIT SMOOTHIE! Banana's never go to waste at my house! In fact, I even get excited when they get over ripe because then I have more for smoothies!
*Try different fruits. I'm not a blueberry person, but they are a must when it comes to the smoothies. Also, cherries add alot to smoothies and most recently I found a frozen fruit mix that had pomegranites.

I have been making these for about three years now for breakfast. (Not every day, but atleast 3-4 times a week.) I find myself craving them. YUMMY TREAT!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Those sound super good! We will have to try it, I always love something new for breakfasts.

Jessica said...

I know this is stupid, but will you tell me how you did your ribs for camping. I think we are going to do dutch oven with Tex & Becky this weekend, and I have some ribs I wanted to use. Thank you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 5 Most Viewed