Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Homemade Egg Noodles

I have been thinking of Thanksgiving and all the YUMMY FOODS.  There is one thing that I LOVE with Thanksgiving dinner and that is my Mom's Homemade Turkey Gravy with Homemade Noodles in it.  Pour it over your mashed potatoes and OH Goodness! Obviously this isn't a picture of the gravy with noodles, but it has noodles and I wanted to share the recipe for the Noodles.

1 Egg
2 Tblsp Cream or Canned Milk
1 Cup Flour
1/2 tsp salt

Slightly beat the egg with Cream/Canned Milk.  Stir in salt and as much of the flour that you can then knead in the rest.  The dough will be VERY stiff.  Cover and let stand for 1/2 hour.  Roll out as thin as you can.  Cut into  1/4" strips (I use my pizza cutter) then allow strips to dry.  When adding to soups and gravy boil in broth for 20 minutes or until noodles are no longer chewy. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all of your foods. You should make a cookbook, sale it, and become rich

Jessica said...

I have always wanted to make my own noodles, I am going to try it! Thanks for all your great idea and recipes!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 5 Most Viewed