Thursday, October 13, 2011

Candy Corn Rice Crispy Treat

I am so excited with how these turned out! Once I decided what to do, they were easy and were made with in 30 minutes or less!
*******************
1 bag (about 2 cups) white chocolate chips.
orange and yellow sprinkles
1 batch of rice crispie treats
         -1 bag regular size marshmallows
         -1/4 cup butter/margarine
         -8 1/2 cups rice crispy cereal
               Melt butter in large microwave safe bowl for 30-45 secs. Add Marshmallows to butter and stir to coat marshmallows with butter. Place Marshmallows back in microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes. Take out, stir marshmallows till smooth. Add rice crispy cereal to marshmallows mix til all cereal is incorporated. Press into a well buttered 9x13 pan. (I sprayed my pan with cooking spray and it worked great!) Let cool.

After making the rice crispy treats I cut them into a triangle. (Cut rice crispies into squares then cut each square diagonally). Shape them into a candy corn. Melt chocolate according to directions on package. Pour some onto a small plate. Dip the top of the rice crispy into the chocolate....coating it well. Then add your sprinkles in the section you want to. I started with the yellow then did the orange. Do your sprinkles before the chocolate sets up then place on wax paper and let the chocolate set up. And VOILA! You have a yummy, fun, and easy treat to take to your kids class!

**I didn't have any yellow sprinkles so I made my own! It was SO easy. I poured about 1/8-1/4 cup of regular sugar into a bowl. Dropped 3 drops of yellow food coloring in and stirred till all the sugar was yellow. It worked perfect! I will definitely be using this trick again!




SASSY SITES!

2 comments:

Amber Bradley said...

Sucha cute idea! I love the idea on how to make sprinkles!!!

Sassy Sites! said...

We are having a Halloween Kid Treats party over at Sassy Sites! I would love for you to come by and link this up! XOXO!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 5 Most Viewed