Monday, November 1, 2010

Texas Cake


Cake
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 cup butter
1/4 cup cocoa
1 cup water
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp soda
1 tsp vanilla
nuts (optional)
2 eggs
1 tsp salt

Sift Flour and Sugar into bowl.  Bring butter, cocoa, and water to boiling; pour over flour mixture and mix well.  Add remaining ingredients and mix well.  Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes in an 11x15 large jellyroll pan (sprayed with pan spray).

Frosting
1/2 cup butter
6 Tbsp cream or evaporated milk
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
1 lb powdered sugar
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Prepare frosting by bringing butter, cream and cocoa to a boil.  Cool and add vanilla and powdered sugar.  Frost cake.  Sprinkle with nuts. I'm the only one that likes nuts on/in stuff so I only sprinkled them on 1/4 of the cake.  You can also sprinkle mini marshmallows on the cake then place it in the oven to melt for 2-3 minutes before frosting.

My mouth is watering as I type this.  This cake is sooo yummy.  I had someone request something chocolate a few weeks ago and thought this would do.  It was a GUY that made the request (not Jim).  This cake cures any chocolate craving you may be having.  CAREFUL!  You will have the whole pan gone....by yourself....if you make it when no one else is around!

This recipe was taken from the Koosharem Relief Society Cookbook!

Linkin Up With:






giveaways

3 comments:

The Godoy's said...

I want to lick the computer monitor....that cake looks DIVINE!!!!

Carolee said...

mmm. I love the no nut side.

Brianne Jensen said...

This recipe was a Sunday night tradition in our house. Oh man... I am making this today to go with my chili.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 5 Most Viewed