Monday, August 16, 2010

Poppy Seed Chicken

1-2 lbs Chicken cooked and cubed
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can milk
1 sleeve Ritz crackers crushed
1/2 stick melted butter
1 Tbsp poppy seeds

Place chicken in a 9x13 pan. Mix together sour cream, soup, and milk. Pour over chicken. Combine crushed crackers and poppy seeds and mix in melted butter. Spread cracker mixture over soup mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

This recipe came from my sister in law, Mindy. When I first made it I didn't read the part that said cooked and cubed chicken. I used about 2 lbs of raw chicken tenders and it still turned out great. I just had to increase my bake time to an hour. The recipe Mindy gave me had double the amount of soup mixture and cracker mixture. If you are serving it over rice or noodles you may want to double it so you can have enough gravy/sauce.

The kids surprised me and loved this dish. They gobbled it up on leftover night too!

2 comments:

Pedey @ Do You Smell That!!? said...

Mmmmmmm. I LOVE Poppy Seed Chicken! This may have to hit our menu this week, too!

Jessica said...

Yum, it looks good! We are going to have to try that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 5 Most Viewed