I found this recipe several years ago. Many of you know how much I LOVE HALLOWEEN! I love to let the kids frost and decorate sugar cookies for Halloween too. When I first saw these cookies I knew they had to be part of our Halloween traditions. They are so easy and yummy! And yes, they are a BETTY CROCKER!
|1||pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix|
|1/3||cup butter or margarine, melted|
|Orange paste food color|
|2||oz semisweet chocolate, melted, cooled|
|Print these coupons...|
- Line 8x4-inch loaf pan with waxed paper, extending paper over sides of pan. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms.
- On work surface, place 3/4 cup dough. Knead desired amount of food color into dough until color is uniform. Press dough evenly in bottom of pan.
- Divide remaining dough in half. Gently press one half of remaining dough into pan on top of orange dough. On work surface, knead chocolate into remaining dough until color is uniform. Press over plain dough in pan, pressing gently to edge of pan. Refrigerate 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until firm.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove dough from pan. Cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cut each slice into 5 wedges. On ungreased cookie sheet, place wedges 1 inch apart.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are set and edges are very light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely. Store in tightly covered container.