Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Colored Cookies

Last year I made THESE for St. Patrick's Day.  The kids didn't care for the lime flavor...which I really like...So I went with the following for our Cookie Monday Cookie....
FOR ST. PATRICKS DAY!
1 1/4 cup margarine
1 cup light brown sugar
1 1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
4-5 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp baking soda

Optional: food coloring and flavoring

Cream together the margarine and sugars.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Then add dry ingredients.  Add food coloring a few drops at a time til you get the color you want.  Add a tsp of flavoring if desired (mint/almond/orange).  Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes.

**This recipe came from my Mom.  Without flavoring, the cookies do have a yummy butter flavor.  Mix and match food coloring with coordinating flavors.

1 comments:

The Jensens said...

HI Kristi, I tried to do your fb, but it took me to your blog. I will keep trying it, but we LOVED the cookie recipe, thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 5 Most Viewed