Monday, October 18, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 can (15 oz) cooked pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 egg
3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda, dissolved in 1 tsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips
Walnuts (optional)
Combine pumpkin, sugar, oil and egg.  Stir together with flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.  Add dissolved soda, and vanilla to mixture.  Add chocolate chips.  Add wanlnuts if you want.  Grease cookie sheet.  Drop by teaspoon on cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

I'll never forget the times I would go grocery shopping with my brother and we always came home with PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!  These have been one of my FAVS ever since.

This recipe came from a CD of recipes that Jim got me several years ago.  I think the title was 1,000,000 recipes.  I did tweak it a little and added more flour, pumpkin, and of more CHOCOLATE CHIPS!  My girls wouldn't eat these two years ago, so I was hesitant to make them knowing I would be the only one eating them.  They surprised me though.  They loved them!

3 comments:

Amberly said...

There is a similar recipe in the Gleave Family cookbook. They are excellent cookies. I have substituted the pumpkin with applesauce and they have turned out great as well.

Melanie Big said...

This cookies are surely delicious. I can't wait to have one. I love the fat looking cookie of yous. Lol.Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Melanie Schoenhut said...

Wow! This is so indulging. Fat cookies means delicious in the inside.Lol. I think it is more delicious if you add fillings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 5 Most Viewed