Thursday, January 27, 2011

Spaghetti Pie

1 lb hamburger
1/2 of an onion (diced)
1 can (26.5 oz) traditional spaghetti sauce
2 cups macaroni pasta
1-2 eggs  (I use 1 when I make it, Jim uses 2)
1/2 -1 cup cottage cheese (how ever much you desire)
2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
garlic powder

Brown hamburger with onion.  Drain off any excess grease.  Add spaghetti sauce to hamburger and bring to a simmer.

Cook and drain macaroni noodles.  Beat egg.  Combine noodles, egg, cottage cheese, and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.  Stir together.  Pour noodle mixture into a 9x13 casserole dish.  Sprinkle garlic powder lightly over noodles.  Pour hamburger sauce over the top off noodles.  Top with the remaining 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbley and just starts to turn brown.

**This is a family favorite.  I first had it when I was dating Jim and I went to his house where his mom fixed it for dinner.  Later I found out that the recipe came from a family friend who is also the wife of the family dentist.  The kids LOVE it!  To be honest, it always tastes better when Jim makes it.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks, I have never had the actual recipe. Rich will be happy if I ever get a moment to make it for him!

Sandra said...

Sounds exactly like an easy lasagna I made but putting in lasagna noodles for the macaroni. I also use parsley and Italian seasoning.

gramelinda said...

You are going to be surprised to see my remarks! I think this is the greatest thing.....all I have to do is look over your menu and say to Aunt Melinda.....this is what I want for dinner. This is Uncle Don, not Aunt Melinda! You are something else....we sure love you all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 5 Most Viewed