Monday, March 28, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies III


1 2/3 cup shortening
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
2 1/2 tsp. vanilla
4 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp. soda
1 1/4 tsp. salt
3 cups chocolate chips
optional: nuts

Cream together shortening and sugars.  Add egg and vanilla.  Mix in dry ingredients, then the chocolate chips.  Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

*This recipe came from my mom.  All three chocolate chip recipes that I have posted have the same ingredients, just different amounts.  It does make a difference in the taste of the cookie too.  When I made these I used my "BIG" cookie scoop.  The outsides had a nice warm crunch and the inside was soft and melty.  These didn't last long at our house!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 5 Most Viewed