2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/3 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
8 large eggs
4 cups sugar
1 pound ( 4 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups coarsley chopped walnuts (optional)
2 cups ( 12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Lightly grease and flour a 17 by 12 by 1-inch baking pan (I use a 12" X 18 "X 1" pan) and set aside. (I line pan with parchment paper then spray with cooking spray)
3. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl and stir to mix.
4. Cream together the eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla in a separate bowl until well blended.
5. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix just until all the dry ingredients are moistened. Do not over mix.
6. Fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips and stir to blend. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
7. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until the brownies are firm to touch. They will be slightly soft in the center when tested with a toothpick. Remove from the oven and cool about 40 minutes before cutting.
*I found this recipe on Skip to My Lou. Since then I have seen it on two other blogs. When a recipe calls for that much butter and chocolate....it has to be good! And it is! Oh MAN! You need a full glass of ice cold milk with these BROWNIES!