Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sweet Pork (Like Cafe Rio's)

This Picture doesn't show the pork that well, but Oh MAN!  It is delicous!
1 Large Pack Boneless Pork Ribs (I used just over 5 lbs...There will be left overs.)
1 (12 oz) bottle of salsa (I used my homemade)
1 (20 oz) bottle of coke (I used 1 1/2 cans)
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Cumin

Place pork in crock pot and fill 1/2 way up the pork with water.  Cook on low for 11-12 hours.  Drain off water.  Remove pork from crock pot and shred it with forks.  Place pork back in crock pot.  Mix together salsa, coke, brown sugar, and cumin.  Pour it over the pork.  Let cook for another 3 hours on low.  Serve in a burrito, taco, or salad.

OH MY GOODNESS!  I'm so glad that I got up at 3 AM to put this in the crockpot.  It was so worth it.  We served it up on a toasted flour tortilla with black beans, lime rice, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and cilantro ranch dressing.  WOW!  Maybe these would be good for your Cinco De Mayo Party!

*We had enough to divide up for two more meals after this one.  I put it in freezer bags and froze it for future meals.

This recipe is a combination of two recipes.  My SIL shared it with me along with a good friend, both the same, but with different measurements and cooking times.  So glad they were willing to share.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 5 Most Viewed