Thursday, May 26, 2011

Creamy Homemade Mac-N-Cheese


8 oz macaroni, shells, farfalle...which ever you prefer, (I used radiatore)
1 cup milk
2 Tbsp corn starch
1 cup of shredded sharp chedder cheese (can use other if you prefer).
Salt and pepper to taste

Boil water in a medium saucepan and cook noodles to package directions, set aside.  Warm one cup of milk in a small saucepan, add two tablespoons of cornstarch to warmed milk and stir together with a whisk.  Then add one cup of shredded cheese to the warm milk mixture and whisk until completely melted and smooth.  Continue whisking while allowing cheese sauce to simmer and then pour over noodles, stir until combined.  Let the mac 'n cheese stand for a few minutes and the sauce will thicken and become nice and creamy.  Add salt and pepper to taste.
 
**This recipe came from a blog that I check out. Smashed Peas and Carrots!  How can you turn down HOMEMADE MAC-N-CHEESE?!  When I first saw the picture on HER BLOG , there was no question, I had to try this.  And, I had all the ingredients!  Even Sharp Cheese which I never buy...it was bought on accident.  It is even just as quick to make this recipe as it is to make the boxed stuff.  Try it and let me know what you think!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Your picture looks delicious! I think you just solved my problem for whats for dinner!! I am also making a couple of your recipes for our camping trip this weekend. Thank you for doing this blog, I love it!!

Sandra said...

Thats funny you posted this I made homemade mac and cheese this week. The recipe I had called for a can of evaporate milk though. I wonder what the difference in taste is.

Pedey @ Do You Smell That!!? said...

I made her recipe last night, too!! All I had was a blend of cheddar/jack, though, and it just didn't have enough flavor. Needed lots of black pepper! LOL I'm definitely gonna try it again with a sharp cheddar. Did your girls like it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 5 Most Viewed